The VNA Family Health Center offers the links below as sources for trusted health guidelines for all family members.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Website: www.cdc.gov
- Provides a wide range of guidelines on various health topics, including vaccination, preventative care, chronic disease management, and more.
American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)
- Website: www.aafp.org
- Offers resources and guidelines on family medicine, patient education, preventive care, and common conditions.
American Heart Association (AHA):
- Website: www.heart.org
- Provides guidelines and information on heart health, including prevention, risk factors, and managing cardiovascular diseases.
American Diabetes Association (ADA):
- Website: www.diabetes.org
- Offers guidelines and resources for managing diabetes, including information on diet, exercise, medication, and monitoring blood sugar levels.
National Cancer Institute (NCI):
- Website: www.cancer.gov
- Provides comprehensive information on cancer prevention, screening, treatment options, and supportive care.
American Lung Association (ALA):
- Website: www.lung.org
- Offers guidelines and resources for lung health, including information on smoking cessation, lung diseases, and air quality.
National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH):
- Website: www.nimh.nih.gov
- Provides information and resources on mental health conditions, treatment options, and support for patients and their families.
American Academy of Pediatrics
- Website: www.healthychildren.org
- Provides information on age and stages, family life, safety and prevention and healthy living.